French Silk Pie is the ultimate pie to seduce. If you don’t want to use lard in the recipe, use instead the fat of your choice: butter, shortening, or both.
- ¹⁄³ cup lard,
- 1 cup flour,
- ½ tsp salt,
- ¹⁄³ cup ice water.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter,
- 1½ cups sugar,
- 4 ounces (4 squares) unsweetened baking chocolate, melted,
- 1 tsp vanilla,
- 4 eggs.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream,
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar,
- 1 tbsp vanilla,
- chocolate shavings, for decoration.
- Make the Crust: Cut the lard into the mix of flour and salt. Gradually add water until moist. Make dough then roll out and put in a 10-inch pie dish. Blind-bake the crust, then set aside to cool.
- Make the Filling: Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating at medium speed for 5 minutes after each one. Pour into a cooled pie crust. Chill at least 4 hours.
- Make the Topping: Before you serve the pie, whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla until thick. Spread over cooled pie. Decorate with chocolate shavings.
[images cols=”four” lightbox=”true”] [image link=”626″ image=”626″] [image link=”631″ image=”631″] [image link=”630″ image=”630″] [image link=”628″ image=”628″] [/images] [review]