Addicted to chocolate? Want to try a really seductive recipe? Chocolate Chess Pie will take care of your chocolate cravings with a generous dose.
- 1½ cups sugar,
- 3 whisked eggs,
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk (or substitute ½ cup whole milk),
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick), melted,
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (or 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted),
- 1 tbsp cornmeal,
- 1–2 tsp vanilla,
- pinch of salt,
- whipped cream, for decoration.
- Make the Basic Pie Dough for a single-crust pie.
- Make the Filling: In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until blended. Stir in the milk, butter, cocoa powder, cornmeal, vanilla, and salt and continue beating until you get a smooth mixture. Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Filling will still be slightly jiggly, but will set as it cools. Serve with whipped cream.