Strawberry Margarita Pie will make you feel like you’re on a tropical vacation. When tasting it for the first time, many people wrinkle their nose and make hat lip-smacking sound you make when you’re tasting something and you are not quite sure if you like it or not. The first impression may not be so good, but if you take one or two more bites, there’s a great chance you start to like it… a lot. Many people soon find it addictive and can’t stop eating it until there’s nothing left.
- 4 cups halved or quartered fresh strawberries, and a few for decoration,
- 1 tbsp fresh lime zest,
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2–3 limes),
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk,
- 2 tbsp tequila,
- 2 tbsp Triple Sec (or any orange-flavored liqueur),
- 11⁄2 cups heavy cream, chilled,
- Lime slices, for decoration.
- Make the Graham Cracker Crust.
- Make the Filling: In a blender, combine the strawberries, lime zest, lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, tequila, and Triple Sec, and blend until smooth. In a large bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer until the cream forms peaks. Slowly and gently fold the strawberry mixture in with the whipped cream. Spoon the filling into the crust and put in the freezer for about 4 hours.
- It’s a good idea to soften it for 30 minutes in the fridge before serving. To make your pie look prettier, decorate it with strawberries and lime slices.