If you live on the Big Island of Hawaii, you can buy macadamia nuts for next to nothing. You can even pick them off the trees if you want. However, if you don’t live there or somewhere else with plenty of these nuts, you have to buy them at a higher price. But these rich and buttery macadamias are worth the money as they make an amazingly delicious Macadamia Nut Pie. You can almost taste the tropical sun in it.
- 2 cups macadamia nuts, whole or chopped (preferably salted and roasted, but raw are okay too),
- 3 eggs,
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup (preferably dark),
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar,
- 2 tbsp butter, melted,
- 2 tsp vanilla.
- Make the Basic Pie Dough for a single-crust pie, crimped.
- Make the Filling: Put nuts in the bottom of the pie crust. Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl, then pour the mixture over the nuts in the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45–60 minutes. Filling should puff up in the middle.