With a combination of marshmallows, whipped cream, and minty-fresh alcohol nestled in a chocolate crust, Grasshopper Pie will lift your spirits for sure. If you don’t like to add food coloring, use the green-colored crème de menthe instead of clear so the pie has some color.
- 30 large marshmallows (about 2⁄3 of 10-ounce bag),
- 1⁄4 cup milk,
- 1⁄4 cup crème de cacao,
- 1⁄4 cup crème de menthe,
- 11⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream, plus more for decoration.
- Chocolate shavings (optional),
- Chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (optional).
- Make the Chocolate Cookie Crust.
- Make the Filling: In a saucepan, heat the marshmallows and milk over low heat. As the marshmallows melt, the milk will keep them from sticking. Once melted, pour over the crème de cacao and crème de menthe, and stir well. Put in the fridge until cool. Whip the cream, then stir into the cooled marshmallow mixture. Spoon into the pie crust and put in the freezer for 3–4 hours before serving.
- Decorate with more whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or crushed chocolate wafer cookies.