When you think of coconut, you maybe think of Hawaii or the Caribbean. Think of your bones getting warmed by the tropical sun. Picture yourself swimming in salty tepid ocean waters. For all coconut fans, Coconut Custard Pie is the first choice.
- 2 tbsp flour,
- 1 cup sugar,
- pinch of salt,
- 3 eggs,
- 1 cup milk,
- 4 tbsp (1⁄2 stick) butter, melted,
- 2 tsp vanilla,
- 2 cups flaked unsweetened coconut.
- Make the Basic Pie Dough for a 9-inch single-crust pie, crimped.
- Make the Filling: In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in whisked eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Stir in coconut. Pour the filling into an unbaked pie shell. Over the top, sprinkle with a light layer of coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40–50 minutes or until set.