If you need a dose of the beach, Atlantic Beach Pie is the answer. You’ll just love the surprising element of the salty crust that supports the tangy citrus filling. What is more, it’s the world’s easiest and fastest pie to make.
Crust (for 8-inch pie)
- 60 saltine crackers,
- 3 tbsp sugar,
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened.
- 4 egg yolks,
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk,
- 1⁄2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice (or lemon, or both).
- Fresh whipped cream,
- Coarse sea salt, to sprinkle on top.
- Prepare the Crust: Place the crackers in a plastic bag and crush them finely but not to dust with a rolling pin. In a large bowl, combine the crushed crackers and sugar, then work in butter until crumbs stick together like dough. Press into an 8-inch pie pan. Put in the fridge for 15 minutes then bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes or until crust browns a little.
- Prepare the Filling: While crust is cooling, whisk together egg yolks and condensed milk, then add the citrus juice and stir until completely combined. Pour into the pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until filling has set. Allow to cool completely before slicing. Serve with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkling of sea salt.