You have to try this delicious Rhubarb Custard Pie. Many people doubt it, but after the first bite they realize it’s just scrumptious. Keep an open mind with one!
- 11⁄2 cups sugar,
- 1⁄4 cup flour,
- 1 tsp cinnamon,
- 3 eggs,
- 5 cups (about 2 lbs) chopped fresh rhubarb (1 inch per slice) (about 14 stalks),
- 1 tbsp butter, to pat on top of filling,
- 1 whisked egg, to brush on top crust.
- Prepare the Basic Pie Dough for a double-crust pie.
- Prepare the Filling: Mix together the sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and add the dry ingredients. Stir in about 5 cups rhubarb. Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Dot butter on top, then cover with top crust. To make your pie look prettier, take some time and make lattice top. Brush the crust with the whisked egg.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15–20 minutes to set and brown the crust, then reduce heat to 375 degrees and continue baking for 30–40 minutes. Filling should bubble and be thickened.