You can make a chocolate cheesecake in many ways. Triple chocolate this, decadent fudge that. If this is a pie to heal, then it’s not so important how fancy the cheesecake (or difficult the recipe) is—what’s important is to deliver the healing powers of chocolate as quick and painless as possible. So if you can’t hook up to a chocolate IV, try this super-easy cheesecake instead!
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted,
- ½ cup cocoa powder,
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened,
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk,
- 4 eggs,
- 1 tbsp vanilla.
- Prepare the Chocolate Cookie Crust or Graham Cracker Crust, then pat into a 9-inch spring-form pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the filling: Combine melted butter and cocoa powder, stirring until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk cream cheese, add cocoa mixture and whisk well. Stir in sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla, and whisk until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until set. The middle may be soft.
- Cool before removing from spring-form pan. Put in the fridge for an hour or more before serving. Store the cake in the fridge.