Apricots are popular all over the world. They are used to make a variety of amazingly delicious desserts. Fresh Apricot Pie is by all means one of the most irresistible treats. When apricots are in season, make sure you try this great recipe.
- 5 cups apricot halves,
- 3⁄4 cup sugar,
- 1⁄2 tsp almond extract,
- 1 tsp orange zest (optional),
- 3–4 tbsp cornstarch,
- 4 tbsp (1⁄2 stick) butter, cut up,
- 1 whisked egg, to brush on top crust,
- 2 tbsp coarse (or sanding) sugar, to sprinkle on top crust.
- Make the Basic Pie Dough for a double-crust pie.
- Prepare the filling: Stir together all ingredients and pour into the pie shell.
- Cover with top crust, then trim, seal, and crimp the edges. Brush with the whisked egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees and continue baking for 30–35 minutes, until golden brown.