Black Raspberry Pie is one of the absolute show-stealing pies. It’s delicious because of great ingredients; and if you add your good heart and happy soul, the pie will taste even better.
- 2 cups flour,
- pinch of salt,
- 2⁄3 cup lard,
- 2⁄3 cup ice water (use as little as possible).
- 4 cups black raspberries,
- 1⁄4 cup flour,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 2 tbsp lemon juice,
- 2 tbsp butter, to pat on top of filling,
- 2 tbsp milk, to brush on top crust,
- 2 tbsp coarse (or sanding) sugar, to sprinkle on top crust.
- Prepare the crust: Combine the flour and salt. Add the lard cut into pieces. Gradually stir in the ice water until the crust holds together. Place in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 2 hours to cool.
- Divide the crust into two balls. Form each one into a disk shape. Roll out bottom crust and place into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Prepare the filling: Stir together the black raspberries, flour, sugar, and lemon juice and pour the mixture into the crust shell. Put pieces of butter on the top.
- Roll out the second half of the crust and put on top of the pie. Crimp the edges to seal. If you have time, decorate your pie with lattice top. Brush the crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until lightly browned.