Beside pie, the ultimate comfort food is anything made with melted cheese. So why not go for the one-two punch and make a cheesy pie? Ham and Cheese Quiche is another one of those delicious, warm-your-insides recipes. It’s so easy to make it that you almost don’t need a recipe. This is a great dish to give to a friend going through a hard time, who may not have the energy or time to cook.
- 6 eggs,
- 1 cup heavy cream,
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced,
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese,
- ¼ cup onion, diced and sautéed,
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- Make the Basic Pie Dough for a single-crust pie, crimped.
- Make the Filling: In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream, then add the ham, cheese, sautéed onion, salt, and pepper. Stir well and pour into the pie crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35–45 minutes.