Pecan Oatmeal Pie is delicious and, maybe even more important, very easy to make. Surprise you family, friends, or colleagues with this scrumptious treat.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened,
- ½ cup sugar,
- ½ tsp cinnamon,
- ½ tsp salt,
- ¼ tsp ground cloves,
- 2 cups corn syrup,
- 6 eggs,
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats,
- 1½ cups toasted pecan pieces.
- Make the Basic Pie Dough for two single-crust pies. You’ll still make the double-crust recipe, but for two separate pies.
- Make the Filling: Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Stir in the spices. Pour in the corn syrup. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring into the mixture. Slowly mix in the oats. Sprinkle the bottom of the pie crusts with most of the pecan pieces. Pour the filling into crusts and sprinkle additional pecan pieces on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45–50 minutes or until tops are browned. Serve warm.