The hardest thing about making Peanut Butter Pie is scraping the peanut butter out of the jar. It’s super easy to make, so it’s an ideal choice when teaching students how to make a pie.
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy is best),
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened,
- ½ cup sugar,
- 2 cups heavy cream,
- 4 tbsp sugar,
- 1 tsp vanilla,
- chocolate peanut butter cups, chopped, for decoration.
- Make the Chocolate Cookie Crust or Graham Cracker Crust.
- Make the Filling: Combine the peanut butter, cream cheese, and ½ cup sugar in a large mixing bowl and blend until smooth. In another bowl, beat cream, 4 tbsp sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy. Fold half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter–cream cheese mixture. Spoon into pie crust and chill for a few hours.
- Cover with whipped cream before serving. Decorate with chopped-up chocolate peanut butter cups.